Old PC retired, time to run up the duplicator 4 on new PC
Was running ReplicatorG on old machine. We will see if we can use later software.
Installing Makerbot Desktop 3.10 (Beta)
Note to self re Firmware Upgrade option:
Wanhao is a clone of ‘Makerbot Replicator Dual’. The Makerbot Desktop software will tell you your firmware is v7.2 and will allow an upgrade attempt to 7.5.
This forum Post suggests you *can* sucessfuly update to 7.5 if the machine type is set to Replicator Dual, but also says *DON’T DO IT* Yes all in caps. So we won’t.
Set as Replicator Dual, looking for good tradeoff between speed and quality, most parts are stressed so lookin for ABS with high % content for strenght
- 50% infill + 3 shells is good result
- Low, Infill = 50%, 3 Shells is not too bad
- Except: Smaller parts dimensionally slightly too large, will tweak Extruder settings:
- Attempt 1: Settings -> Low -> Right Extruder: Change from 1.77 to 2.0mm = ABSOLUTLY NO CHANGE, same part printed at 1.77mm & 2.0mm is 7g
- Attempt 1: Settings -> Low -> Right Extruder: Change from 1.77 to 2.25mm = ABSOLUTLY NO CHANGE, same part printed at 1.77mm & 2.25mm is 7g