Until your new cartridge arrives:
Brother HL-2140 – Reset Toner Cartridge
It is possible the Brother HL-2140 will not reset properly after putting in a new cartridge. You may still have a ‘toner low’ or ‘toner empty’ message. It is possible to manually reset the printer to remove this message:
- Ensure the printer is turned off.
- Open the printer front cover.
- Hold the Go button while turning the printer on.
- When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.
- Press the Go button two (2) times. The Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will turn on.
- TN2110 cartridge – Press the Go button five (5) times, or
- TN2120 cartridge – Press the Go button six (6) times.
- The Error LED should now be flashing, close the front cover.
Brother HL-2140 – Reset Drum
After changing a DR2100 drum unit in a Brother HL-2140, the printer’s page count needs to be reset. This will turn off the drum warning light on the printer.
Simply open the front cover, and hold the “GO” button until all four LED’s are lit. Release the “GO” button and close the front cover.