2.0 litres (1984cc):
- Look for TFSI engine EA888, earlier is EA113 FSI engine
- Engines used in VW Golfs so parts / knowledge etc should be easily gettable even if overseas
- Water pumps need to be replaced every ??? km as has plastic impellers..
Auto or DSG
- DSG is gnerally considered reliable, but dual clutches + other complexity…
- DMF Dual mass flywheel seems to fail before clutches
Quattro or not?
- Higher initial purchase cost, higher resale later
- I have a thing for 4WD but it is not full time (is dynamically on demand) so most of the time you are running in FWD only
- adds to fuel costs (weight = 100kg heavier)) and some maintenance, nut is generally considered to be very reliable if serviced (oil changes every 60k? I think so minimal)